Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day #8--A Rose By Any Other Name

I like roses. Tea hoses, hybrids, floribunda. Spray roses.

Delicate peach roses handed over in an airport.

And then carried in a wedding bouquet.

And now going nuts on a large bush outside of our bedroom window.

I also like roses with more complex color patterns; I've been a fan ever since my mom bought home the "forty-niner" variety when I was young.

I loved my engagement-anniversary roses. Boy, did I ever.

And I love my birthday roses, too:

The colors are getting even better as they open, which is really fun. It's also very fun that store-bought roses are actually opening.

That wasn't my only bouquet this week, though:


Courtesy of Wombles. Yes, these rare varieties only bloom in the part of the kingdom that he's not allowed to enter without escort...but it's difficult to be hard on him when his quest included the flowers. Held out in two little, almost-still-chubby fists. Just as sweet.