My brain is at loose ends today, something that happens from time to time. I have had a couple of windows in the last 24 hours--mostly while doing dishes--where I've had time to begin chasing down thoughts and ideas beyond the initial "oh! That's something I'd like to think/learn/talk about!".
The reflective life is not one I feel the luxury of having at present, but it has been fun to peek at the things simmering in there. The crock pot of thinking is at least plugged in (children's fiction reference? anyone?) and I'll get around to having dinner sooner or later. Meanwhile, it smells kinda nice.
When you have untangled the metaphors, please let me know.
Given the schedule of the rest of my day, I'm resisting the urge to dive into deeper thought here. I think I need Tylenol and a nap more just at present. But I'll note down some of the bullet points, so I don't forget to hit them up later:
Black Moods
Counting Crows
Psychological v. Biblical understanding of Personhood
Scripture Memorization
Binge/Comfort Eating
How the Church identifies, encourages & utilizes the gifts of people
Corelli's concerti grossi
Carbohydrates
Gratefulness for the church we're worshiping with
They ARE all related...isn't it obvious?
Since I'm not going to get into how right now, I'll tie up another loose end: my earlier post on "When You Grow Up." I wanted to show a photo of Pixie taken around the age when she was cheering on Bud:

And to show a picture drawn by Bud at church recently. The kids (and adults) were talking about God's mission, what it is and how we can participate. The kids each drew a picture of what they wanted to be when they grew up: "I can serve God's mission as a..." and then, whatever they wanted to be.
Bud drew a picture of what he wants to be: "Someone who gives money to poor people."
That's him taking money out of his pockets and handing it to someone whose pockets are empty.
Love that Bud.
No comments:
Post a Comment