Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day #15--When You Grow Up

There are times when I feel old. OK, not really that often--only when questions like, "Do you realize that on our next birthday we'll be __?!?" Make us stare at one another with open mouths. And then we laugh. I'm laughing because I'm essentially the same person on the inside that I was when I was eight. At least, I FEEL the same.

Pixie's almost eight. Yikes.

So, I'm not really sure what I'm going to be when I grow up. It is fun to hear all of the different ideas about their own futures from the kids, though. Recently Pixie told me she was goin to be a singer, and was going to college to major in singing. She has, at other points, planned professions as Cowgirl and Pharmacist. Those two in conjunction, actually.

This morning during recess, Bud decided that he was in training for his profession (newly chosen today): clown. Here is what the training involved:



And there's Pixie, coaching and encouraging Bud as usual. You may have seen this post where she cheers him on. I don't think I've posted this video, taken the day (actually the instance) that Bud first rolled over from tummy to back. I just love it.



So, I think like to think that among other things, Pixie will grow up and continue to encourage Bud and others.

Even clowns.

2 comments:

The Guff said...

"You did it Charwie!" Oh, it just tuggs at my heart. I love your munchkins!!!

covcov said...

Yes, the heart sings, the eyes leak. Bud would be the funniest of clowns, the most tender-hearted. And the Pixie would cheer and encourage. Hooray for the sweetness.

Hugs--
G'ma