Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bud gets motivated

This afternoon I was finishing up the Hot Cross Buns for tomorrow morning when Bud went outside to play. After a while I realized he had pulled a hand-me-down two-wheeler out of the garage and was attempting to ride it...around and around in tiny circles.

He doesn't know how to ride a two-wheeler.

He convinced me that it wasn't that hard to try to ride around a picnic table on a little paved patio, and that he was just "trying it out. I'm learning to ride a two-wheeler." I thought he looked remarkably well-balanced, but that he was awfully grabby of the picnic table. He almost had to be--he was perpetually turning!

After dinner, Bud really wanted to show J something outside. He wanted to show him that he could ride a bike. J went outside ready to cheer...and got really excited. I went out, too. Then we all went down to the park, where the ground is flat.


Bud wasn't kidding. He TAUGHT HIMSELF HOW TO RIDE A BIKE...THIS AFTERNOON! He can even use the pedal brakes. I'm a little dumbfounded.

But I wanted the world to know.

I'm so proud.

Here's a short video. Pixie is running along, cheering. It reminded us both of the day she cheered for him to turn over for the first time as a baby...I might put that clip up tomorrow. I think I find her cheering particularly wonderful because she hasn't learned to ride one yet. As of tonight she really really wants to, of course, but she's still really happy for Bud. It's sweet.



J and I keep laughing at Wombles running away from the oncoming vehicle.

Hooray, Bud! We're so proud of you!

3 comments:

Trynsimple said...

That is AWESOME! Go Bud!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I am SO IMPRESSED!! We all know Bud is a 'very balanced guy!!" ;0)
much love to you all!
nona

The Guff said...

Oh My Motivation! So proud of the little guy! Sned kisses! XOXO