Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why Don't You Take A Picture...It'll Last Longer

Last weekend I had a fabulous getaway with my mom and my sister (hereafter "Miss Giraffe").

We did a whirlwind of play in San Diego. We ate. We laughed. We got lost. We rode bicycles. We recognized that we were, at times, stars in a screwball comedy, and tried to figure out what the next turn of the plot would be (Italian mafia and blue Maserati included).

We also took pictures.

After Mom took this picture, we all laughed at my fabulous green headdress. And then everyone needed to have one.


Here's Mom, showing it off in the Botanical Gardens at Balboa Park.



Miss Giraffe tried on two different sizes: Subtle,



And Not-So-Subtle.


See that guy on the left? His wife/girlfriend just yanked him out of the shot because it was so obvious I was trying to get the plant in the shot. Poor guy. But I was appreciatively embarrassed.

Did I mention that we laughed some? Yes? I grew up with two fantastically funny ladies in the house.

Right here, Miss Giraffe is getting ready to say something very, very funny. I can tell. She has that look in her eye.


I am distracted by her hand, though. Doesn't it look like something's...not quite right?



We're still not exactly sure how this could happen, but the appropriate authorities are looking into it. And she now swears her hands are no longer red, but "grapefruit" hued.

After seeing a thrilling baseball game at the "Most Scenic Ballpark in the World," we stopped to take a few more photos.

Like when I took a picture of Miss Giraffe taking a picture.


Or when Mom took a picture of Cupcake taking a picture.

(Miss Giraffe just became Cupcake...it's easier to type).

Or when I took a picture of Cupcake taking a picture of Mom taking a picture of me taking a picture of.... You get the drift.


Or maybe I'm just the weird picture-taker, and they are taking magnificent landscapes that they each are entering now in Pioneer Woman's Landscapes Photography Contest.

I'm waiting for the category, "People taking pictures," myself.

So much fun!!

And just teasing about the lobster hands.

2 comments:

The Guff said...

I can hardly see the red anymore! Then again, my hand is turned upside down...palm up...full of M&M's...MMM...

XOXO

Nona Bee said...

I'm smilin' right now...such good times! love you!XOXOXO