
Here, the kids were chanting "Byyyeeee.....byyee....." in unison as he walked up the driveway. On mornings when they're still in the middle of breakfast when it's time for him to go, they stay at the table and sing that top-forty hit from the aughts, "Don't go to work!".
It's really popular around here, and the children can belt it out loudly and enthusiastically enough that the neighbors across the street can hear...assuming they are awake, and that there's a window open somewhere.
I, however, tend to whimper the words while clawing at the inside of the windows on the front door. J laughs and keeps walking to work. Heartless, perhaps, but "sal si puedes" is more than just a street name around here, and I don't begrudge him.
While we're on regular sights, Pixie has been very into picking wildflowers. We've had such a wet winter that there are many. Here is one recent bouquet:
I really hope they are wildflowers, and that they're not actually coming from someone's yard...
Aren't they lovely? I love my Pixie bouquets!
Happy Monday!
1 comment:
We love being inside with you--minus the clawed windows, of course. Just think, if we were there, you, too, could merrily walk to...well...maybe just on a walk? We love you Dearies.
Madre
Post a Comment