And a little confused that no-one noticed someone(s) walking out of your apartment with arms and L.L. Bean bags loaded with electronic equipment. I think you should put up huge, neon REWARD signs all over your apartment complex and see what happens. At least the perps might be a little afraid (something your darling dogs don't seem to have accomplished).
I just said, "perps."
Anyway, so glad my sister is OK and doesn't have to sleep one more night in the apartment. Congratulations on your new house tomorrow!
As stressful as robbers and other maleantes may be, they are not what is setting off my personal stressometer today.
Those of you who know my personal phobias, get ready with your jokes:

I know, I'm paranoid. However, we got this message warning today from public safety:
"The Public Safety Department has been made aware of a mountain lion sighting that occurred within the last week. When the occupant of a home at [XXXX] Coyote Drive opened his kitchen door to an outdoor patio, he came face to face with what he described as a "very large" mountain lion. When the animal saw the neighbor it casually walked through the front yard and down the driveway.
Mountain lion encounters of this type are not common but they do happen on occasion in our community. The California Department of Fish and Game has prepared an excellent brochure called Staying Safe in Mountain Lion Country. It can be viewed at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/
How close is Coyote Drive? I can see houses on Coyote from our back yard. When Coyote Drive residents were evacuated during the Jesusita Fire, we could hear and understand what the police car loudspeakers were communicating (and think, so why aren't they over here??). It is close.
So, it's not just paranoia anymore, folks! I have JUSTIFICATION for my bizarre behavior! Looks like I'll have to go around carrying rocks again.
I love the "causally walked through the front yard..."
Someone send me a stun gun,H

1 comment:
Who would have thought teh perils of Santa BArbara included mountain lions....My word, I am right there with you--don't let the kids play alone!! ;0) (You didn't need my paranoia pouring in too!!!)Makes me think of one of the songs off "Wake and See"
Lighten our darkness---
did you know that when Pixie and Bud taught me that song, I wrote it down as "Light in our darkness..." I thought I was so right that the CD song title was misprinted!! haha
Also-yes--Wombles' singing IS SO CUTE!!!
I love you!
Post a Comment