Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Roses


I posted on Facebook about the roses that were featured in the "gratuitous eating shot" of my last post, but I wanted to give them a shout-out here, too.

On August 2nd, I woke up and (typical) stumbled out to the kitchen. Actually, that's not typical. Usually J brings me a cup of hot tea before I ever leave our room...often before I even get out of bed. In fact, he probably did it on August 2nd, which means I wouldn't have been stumbling. (I don't know why it makes such a difference, when I'm only drinking decaf, but it does). Anyway, there were these glorious roses on the table when I came out.

And there was this note in front of them:


August 2nd was 12 years from the day we got engaged after J's marriage proposal at a park in Glenside, PA. Which proposal I famously interrupted to say, "Yes!".

I'm living in a fairy tale of the best kind!

So, we took the roses with us when we left on vacation. No way was I leaving them behind in their prime.

More on the vacation later, I hope...

1 comment:

The Guff said...

That is pretty much the sweetest thing in the WORLD!