This year, it was actually nice and unseasonably cool, so J was inspired to make hot apple cider. With cinnamon sticks.

I think Wombles will insist on this in future years.


First, J lays out the plan:
1. Sketch your pumpkin design.
2. Carve the pumpkin.
With Wombles, J drew different shapes and let him choose which ones he wanted, since Wombles isn't very "into" representational art just yet.
Here's Bud's sketch:

I'd show you Pixie's but she wrote her name on it: "[Pixie's] Pumkin." But I will show you her pumpkin, which had this cool winking eye (a result of her carving it herself). We were a little sad when she decided to change it the next day.

This year we got the special carving tools so that the kids could go it alone a little. This is how Pixie could safely make that winking eye. Bud worked really hard and did a lot of his himself.

We were thrilled when Wombles chose crescent-shaped eyes! Although he's not crescenting in this shot, he does it a LOT. Wombles' pumpkin actually resembled him quite a bit.


Congratulations, Bud! You finished!
Another of our traditions is that we roast the pumpkin seeds. They have now been sitting in our refrigerator for four days. We'll see.
Have any traditions you'd like to share?
2 comments:
I have the delight of seeing some of our traditions now your traditions--but our roasted pumpkin seeds disappeared pretty quickly. I love seeing J's cup with the cider; makes me happy. As does Bid's artwork, Pixie's pumpkin, and W's eyes. I really like this 30 day challenge, H, and will miss it dearly when you are done. You make the G'parents' hearts soar. Love,
G'ma S
Thanks for letting me see!!! I can't stop smiling, and will probably visit this post frequently!!! This year, we did not even buy a pumpkin before Halloween, had zero trick-or-treaters, and are still eating our candy....I DID make a pumpkin roll tonight (from canned pumpkin) which is a first for me.
love you!! XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment