Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day #29--S.A.D.

Not that I am particularly sad, mind you. I'm talking about Seasonal Affective Disorder. And computer links that direct you to tips that can help you overcome that little problem. You know, when it's only 62 and mostly sunny in Santa Barbara in the Bleak Midwinter. Good grief.



I am feeling remarkably good, pregnancy-wise, for someone who is as far along as the ultrasound says I am (37.5 weeks). Which means that really, I'm probably only as far along as I think I am (36).

Tomorrow is my last day of Spanish. Sad, and yet not sad. I'll be back in there in a couple of months. Next week is the last week of the College's semester. NOT SAD! Whatever music J is playing right now? Sad.

Me, in our house with Southern exposure and sunny days? Not S.A.D.

Me, thinking about Cuatro's arrival, and the fact that no crib is set up, no clothes are washed and set out, and no boy name settled on? A little overwhelmed. I think it might be exciting and invigorating if I weren't quite so sleepy. I'll get to it...and soon.

Come on, Cuatro!...but not just yet.

I ate lunch outside at the picnic table today,
H

2 comments:

Nona Bee said...

ohhhhhh..lunch outside at the picnic table...I just LOVE closing my eyes and seeing you there! I'm smiling that you are feeling good. I'm boldly predicting the 23rd.... love you!!...well, just as boldly thinking...maybe the 21st..first day of winter...shortest daylight of the year and the NEXT day the push toward summer!! ;0)
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Jackie said...

Maybe you should let God pick out a boy name for you. According to Abby, this is how it works (see my post). Congrats on 30 days of blogging!