Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day #22--Recreation


Tonight, after the kids went to bed, J challenged his parents to a foosball game. That is, he and his mom vs. his dad and yours truly.

It was epic, and hilarious, and competitive...in a weird sort of way.

Let's just say that own-goals ruled the night, along with J's quote: "It's... good to have goals."

Also, he made up the word "spinzies."

We laughed and laughed and laughed.

Pixie got up to get some water and had all of her suspicions confirmed re: what grown-ups do after kids go to bed.

And now I am off to bed. I have a cold. Boo. I also had a doctor's appointment today, but not for the cold--we have only 4 or 5 weeks left until Cuatro arrives!

And 4 or 5 days until Advent. Depending on how you count. Help. I need help.

I want to quote Pioneer Woman here, but I'm not sure which sign-off to steal:

I want my mommy,

or

Goodbye forever,
H

2 comments:

covcov said...

Okay. So that was gracious. The own-goal champ was yours truly, skilled in one-shot goals, the wrong direction. And often with assists from my illustrious team-member. He claimed that short people were better at soccer, so I'd do well. Hrumph. Certainly a rematch is in the making. It can't get worse. Or funnier!

Nona Bee said...

I SO want to hug you right now. We should be there 'not-too-long' after Cuatro arrives....I love you!