I am in the process of working on a nice long, reminiscent post and found mid-way through that I'm too emotional and brain-fried to continue. It's too much to ask me to figure out why I'm crying over the fact that Miss Marianne closed the Athens School of Ballet back in 2005, and I didn't even know. You'd have thought someone would have let me know.
I'm seriously starting to think life might have been better before Google.
At our supper swap tonight, M. brought up preschool. It wasn't me! But I'm left wondering (again) whether I'm wrecking my children's lives by not having in them in preschool. Or normal school. Actually, if we want to get down to the heart of it, there are are more subterranean issues, such as (1) why I don't have them in, specifically, Mrs. Moody's class at Green Acres Baptist Nursery School (preferably in the early 80s, I guess), and (2) in what ways I'm ruining their lives without even knowing it.
Oh, my word. I thought I just stuck this blog in the draft file. Obviously I can't jump out of a rut quite as easily as I can hit "New Post."
Sometime I will take the time and space to hammer out my argument for the existence of eternity based on the existence of a healthy combo of nostalgia, morriƱa y vivid, lovely memories. But not tonight.
Instead, I will be silly. There's no one here to make funny comments to make me laugh at myself. J found out today that he's being observed for mid-tenure review tomorrow; I don't think he's stressed, but he's working hard in the next room. Very unaware that I have been teetering on the edge. Possibly wondering what on earth I've been doing in here for so long.
So, here are some funnies from our week. Here's Wombles in his very modern fashion design:

Hey--reuse, reduce, recycle--it's all there! I wish you could have heard him describing his "dress."
Bud, today at our lunch picnic. He got to "blow bubbles" (he was not at table).
And Pixie...well, I remember when Pixie did this:
I just wanted to see her curls again.
By the way, although she's not quite at ASB, Pixie is taking ballet lessons herself these days. :)
Just because I'd like to know, what is one of your favorite pre-grade school memories? I'll start: Mom driving to a preschool function already in her full costume as a clown, and all of the other drivers staring at her. Oh, David and I just howled!
6 comments:
Grace and peace to you, friend. I know what you mean about stressing about all the ways we're ruining our children without knowing it. Well, I'm thinking that that is DEFINITELY God's territory: He can protect them, He can provide for them, He loves them more than we ever could. And as someone said to me, the fact that you're worrying about that possibility probably means that you're an awesome mom.
Love to you. Taryn
tears tears tears.
I love you, and I miss you! Though not for long!
I don't know what 'grade' I was in, but I remember Gaines School having a scavenger hunt-type deal and I was too little to participate. David brought me home a little pink toy pony. Love him.
OK OK
I remember the clown day at nursery school...I think I was pregnant with Justin, and the overalls were the only thing I could get into--and I remember having a faintly visible pink heart on my cheek at church the following Sunday--because the red red lipstick I put it (heart)there with, did not come off easily...lesson learned: lipstick and clown-face-paint are not interchangeable!! ;0) XOXOXO
I understand completely. One of the greatest hardships of deciding to homeschool was not having anyone to blame for my children's foibles and failings. In fact, I'm sure I so ruined my offspring that neither of them will ever amount to anything, nor will any normal person ever love them. And they'll be terrible parents no doubt--and it's my fault. Take a deep breath, remember who's God, and plunge ahead in imperfection. It's better than you think! And we love you sooooo much, and are cheering from the sidelines. Madre S
I was thinking that I ruined my children because I didn't home school them....then I remembered they were all His before they were even mine!!! I love Covcov's "plunge ahead in imperfection" statement-and am cheering for you too!!
much love from nona!!
XOXO
Nona, I love you and think you're a great mom, too!
Madre S
Post a Comment