Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On the Chesapeake

We are on the Eastern Shore with J's parents. It is lovely, and they are wonderful! It's a bit of a family reunion with J's sister and her kids here, too.

I can tell you we're here because someone else is staying in our house. This time was MUCH easier [mentally] than when we had guests stay there over Christmas; then I had months to think about it, but this time someone asked me about 36 hours before we left. With that, there couldn't really be any expectations...my kind of situation.

J is reading the hobbit to Pixie and Bud while Wombles drops off. Yes, it's 10:30; I had not done the math that traveling over the time change weekend meant a four-hour time difference for us. It's kinda fun to feel footloose and free, staying up all late at night and sleeping in until (gasp) nine.

I have lots of fun stories that I want to share, but am feeling dry and empty at the moment. So I will post this link of where we are, and where J's parents are involved; it's a fabulous place. J is doing some teaching as scholar-in-residence early this week, and gets to teach on things he's into. I don't know whether we have the camera cable to download photos, or no; so this may or may not be the only visual.

Hey, J just told me he has it! SO, personal photos soon!

Here we are.

No comments: