Tomorrow is Pixie's friend birthday party. She planned all of the details last month, and I am so thankful that they are doable. What she wants is to have pizza and watch a movie...specifically, the "Molly: An American Girl" movie. It was waiting for us when we got home (there was that little matter of buying from Netflix the one we got in December for J to watch with his class...that didn't work out, but neither one of us has seen it since it arrived). Thank you, Netflix! And thank you, Pixie, for planning a party I can do two days after flying home! Now, to write the scavenger hunt clues...
This afternoon I asked her what kind of cake she wanted. After earlier admitting that a "Tinkerbell" cake was not going to happen (sorry, Pixie!) I was hoping for something simple, like a flower (last year).
She totally surprised me with, "How about a Key Lime Cake?"
Ummm, sure?!
A quick trip to Tasty Kitchen produced a recipe that looks great.
This is a picture of what Pixie's birthday party cake will not look like.

I trust it will taste good, though. It is lovely, isn't it? I hope that Pixie's friends have palates that are Key-Lime-Cake-ready. I have a box of Joe-Joe's, just in case.
This evening I forgot all about making the cake until about 9 . Aaaagggggh!
Are you ready for #5198? J zested the limes for me. ZESTED THE LIMES. I can't stand zesting. We have a little zester for cute, and then the side of a grater for not-cute./quantity. I needed a lot of zest. After J offered to do it, I was hoping for his sake (and my guilt issues) that it wasn't as big of a pain as I remembered...it has been awhile, after all.
Nope, it was a pain.
A big pain.
Not that he said so...I could just watch while I juiced lemons and limes and know that I didn't want to be doing that.
Thank you, J!
And thank you, Boppy and Grandma, for the juicer! It was really fun to use it, even if it did absolutely nothing to help me with feeling guilty that my part of the work was easy-breezy! I just stood there, juicing lime halves that J had already zested.
Let me tell you, that frosting is goo-ood. Up there with the candied-ginger stuff.
I'll let you know how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment