Monday, March 29, 2010

Off to Maryland

A couple of weeks ago, we went to Maryland over J' spring break to visit his parents and for him to talk a little at TFA. I'm going to try to work my way through our wonderful time there even as I try to keep up with life.

One of the fun things about traveling both this time and on our trip to GA over Christmas is how much our kids have grown. They can actually help a little bit now. "A Little"--Bud rolls his carry-on plus one of ours in parking lots and airports. It's amazing!

And Wombles was ready to help me pack. First, he asked for his backpack. Then he went to his bed and packed his loveys. Next, he walked to the other end of the house ("the airport") and over to the couch "the airplane") to sit next to Pixie. Before he sat down, though, he removed his backpack and shoved it underneath the couch. Before he turned 2.5, Wombles made the coast-to-coast roundtrip five times. Still, I found it strange that he knew what do do.

J's computer serves as our DVD player on flights. On the way out there, the plane had free internet. It was crazy to be in touch with people on the ground. We had been rerouted (a long story I have a pending blog on) and were able to let J's parents know our schedule.




I didn't have any great plane shots of Pixie, but here's Molly all decked out. She and Nite-Nite are sharing an outfit. Pixie and Molly kinda look alike. :)

Even though the children crashed and burned on either end, they were all absolute champs on the actual travel days. It's actually becoming (gulp) FUN to go places (and not just to get there).

More soon!

No comments: