Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wide Open Spaces

It's very nearly my favorite time of the week. I love waking up on Thursdays--it's a wonderful feeling. Still lots of good work to be done before the weekend, but the pressure is off and it's a long, slow glide into Sunday from there. Delicious! I love it so much that it works backwards, and I'm already enjoying tonight that it will be Thursday morning tomorrow. I have the blessing of getting to be involved in several things that I find highly valuable and interesting. I love it.

But I do not love having a tight schedule. Wide, open spaces in my schedule give me room to breathe and think; they can recharge me the same way wide open spaces outdoors can do. It's not so much that those spaces are going to stay wide and open; but having the flexibility to do what the moment calls for, instead of being constantly scheduled, is refreshing for me. Wide, and open.

Oh, for a bit of Indiana sky...have you ever driven from South Bend to Indianapolis and caught the sunset on the way home? We used to make the round-trip monthly, and those skies made the "permacloud" and 77-inches-of-snow-in-winter doable, even for this Georgia girl.




When we were in Georgia at Christmas, we had a beautiful sunset coming home from Mimi's house on her birthday. I just had to pull the truck over. Glory.


(Don't you just love the "Do Not Enter" sign? Argh! )


I've highlighted quite a few sunsets from our new town over the years we have been here. While not as dramatic, I wanted to share our rainbow sunrise earlier this week:



Wide open spaces. What a blessing!

There is a lot going on in my schedule, and in life in general. This morning I was grumpy. Tonight I am sad. I think the most clutter and noise are coming from inside my head! One of my prayers this Lent is for the Holy Spirit to clear out the junk and cluttered mess I have going on inside, and that my heart would be wide and open to hear His voice.

No comments: