I thought I would follow up soon, Saturday morning maybe, but my yesterday was full of planning: homeschool, Spanish classes, and Bible study coincide to make the week a Perfect Storm--and worked on those things until I was cross-eyed and then plunked down with J. to finish the BBC's North and South (based on Elizabeth Gaskell's book). Whew! Whoever knew that holding hands could be so incredibly steamy?! I almost couldn't look!
Anyway, Mom and Natalia and I have been talking for a while about getting away together. It didn't happen last year--two weddings and a rendezvous in Vegas with Natalia were happy substitutes--but we really wanted to give it a go this year. Natalia and her lovely husband are expecting Baby Guff in August, so we had a sort of deadline. We finally decided on San Diego--nice and warm, and none of us has been before! So later this Spring, the three of us will meet in SoCal on a Thursday morning and hang out until Sunday afternoon.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT"S ACTUALLY HAPPENING! WHHHOOOOOOO!
I miss them so much. I'm really looking forward to getting to spend the time together. That sounds so lame and generic...but the truth is that the two ladies I grew up with are hilarious, dear, and So Much Fun. I can't wait to not miss them for a few days. What will we do? I don't know...beach? Zoo? Karaoke? Sea World? Movies? Room Service? Shopping at Target? Chocolate-eating contests? The hotel and agenda are still completely up in the air.
I'm being a little silly, of course. I can't see myself ever forking out for room service.
Thanks, J., for keeping the circus while I'm gone. You're amazing. (This trip was his birthday present to me in 2008, 9 days before the Tea Fire changed all of our plans rather significantly).
PS If any of you have recommendations for which part of San Diego to stay in, that would be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment