

Just one thought whenever I see this one: Seriously?

Bud checks out the slide. I think this is when he got his idea to "decorate" it, using the mud as "paint" (his description). Be sure to check it out in the later shots.

My boys had gotten into the mud when I went to the door to meet meet Santiago and his mother. Santiago was supposed to have an hour-long playdate with Bud and Wombles.

Santiago didn't get to play with Bud or Wombles, in part because they were doing this:

And this:

And this:

Poor Santiago. I took one look at my boys and told Santiago he wasn't allowed to go and get muddy. I may have emphasized the "muddy, dirty, yucky" thing a bit. No Way was I returning him to his mom in an HOUR looking like my boys did after 4 minutes. No matter how much she might like me.

I think he felt it keenly. I tried to distract or bribe him with all of their toys inside..."You can play with ALL the Lightning McQueens...." Regardless, he gravitated outside, where he would watch them in the mud, and I would watch him watching them in the mud (see "No Way," above).
Meanwhile, bored of just playing in the mud and even of throwing it at each other, my boys started throwing it up in the air and letting it rain down on themselves.

This is as close as Santiago got to the madness. I could hear him parroting me: "[Bud] is so muddy. Dirty!" Yep. And he'll never get to play with you, Santiago, because by the time he and Wombles are out of the mud and through the bathtub, it will be time for you to go home.

Bud got the first bath. I filled the tub up, put him in, and then drained the totally opaque, black water out of the tub and filled it up again.
I think he was proud of that.



We consider it a day well seized. The laundry is still soaking.
1 comment:
Poor Santiago!!! :(
And, Oh. My. Beautiful. Children.
Love them. And you!!!
Post a Comment