It is not always a given, either, that I get to go to a dinner party where everyone there is someone I really enjoy.
Or where the food is cooked by the hostess and wonderful to taste and to look at.
But such a party where I am one of the honorees? Unbelievable!
I had so much fun last night. There were nine ladies there and we had a wonderful time. At least, I did. We laughed and traded labor stories and baby names. All of us moms, we talked about how we had seen God in our children during the past few months. We dined on M.'s delectable cooking, including the best roasted vegetables ever. We cooed over the two youngest guests in attendance:

And S. and I were blessed by being with these friends of ours for an evening. We're due within about two weeks of one another.

She's having a girl--her third. Her soon-to-be-middle daughter and Bud were quite a pair this summer (but was it just a summer romance??). We still don't know whether Cuatro is a girl or boy--but plan to find out soon! ...when s/he arrives. No, we're not opening the envelope until I put it in the baby book.
There's a portable crib set up. I've started to pack my labor bag. Last night, as I spent between 3-4:30am in false labor, I started wondering what else needed to go in the bag (although I know it's too early for the real thing). I was really, really hoping I would not have to call M. (who had just thrown the big party) in the middle of the night to come and sleep at our house while J. and I went to the hospital.
Why can't my children come at civilized times? Maybe this time around! You never know!
2 comments:
You look absolutely beautiful!! I am so happy to see you, even in a photograph!! You won't look the same next time I get to see you!! ;0) and, Cuatro will be here! Im a so excited! and I love you.....
Holly, m'dear, you look mahvelous! I had a dream two nights ago that Quatro was born.... well, I won't tell you the color of the snuggly little garment, but the face was long and the hair dark. The name wasn't one I would have been expecting, and.... I am not prescient, so I'll let it go....Cute, though. And you are lovely.
Ma S
Post a Comment