Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Almost There...


Does anyone else remember the scene from the end of the first (ii.e., Episode IV) Star Wars where one of the X-Wing fighter pilots is about to launch his rocket or whatever at the death star and says, "Almost there....Aaaalmost there....." Right before a tie-fighter blows up his ship?

No? Just me?

His intonation is indelibly marked on my brain for some reason. I hear it every time I think, "Almost there," which is pretty often these days.

I'm talking about CUATRO!

We are pretty excited, and I think not knowing the gender is really amping up the excitement. DO we have a little [insert girl name here] or a little [insert boy name here]??? Yes, I think we have a boy name.

At least for today.

And no, it isn't "Cuatro Luke Darth Vader," in spite of what Wombles will try to tell you.

Cuatro really could arrive any time, although I think my due date is the 28th and I've never had an early bird. Of course, after 2 ultrasounds at 12 and 19 weeks my due date was changed to the 18th. That's hogwash, but as a result I'm going in tomorrow for a non-stress test and to check fluid levels . To quote the Guff, "Whatev." My conversation with the NP on Tuesday went well, I think, considering that she seemed a little high-strung and I kept saying "39 weeks" while she was wont to say "41."

But if it makes everybody feel better, sure, I'll go sit in a recliner without the kids for a little while tomorrow. Heh heh heh. Sorry, J.

And either way....

Almost There...

1 comment:

Nona Bee said...

Nice..very nice!!!
NSTs can be relaxing!! Be sure to eat before you go, so your sweet self has enough 'fuel' onboard for a reactive NST....I'm just sayinn'!!

I love you--see you soon!
mom