Saturday, September 4, 2010

Football Season

Just a quick note to say we haven't dropped off the face of the earth. Yet.

Today was the first Saturday of college football, and we were happily all ready for it.


Wombles has his jersey and is so thrilled with it. When I went back to Georgia last week to visit Cupcake and the Sugarplum Fairy (my adorable new niece) I picked up some red-and-black. Wombles was thrilled, but wanted to know where the pants were....Bud got the full football outfit (helmet, pants, everything) for his birthday an Wombles wants to be like him. Oh well, it's a start!

Even Pixie, who never wears T-shirts, ran to get in on the action:


My little Sweetpea! How I love her.

And that love has nothing to do with her proclamation yesterday: "I'm more of a Georgia fan than I am an Irish fan." It may have been in the moment. It may have been hasty. But coming from a little girl who said, "Go Irish!" before she said, "Mama" (seriously), it was a tectonic shift.

J is handling this pretty well. We'll see if it's just a flash in the pan!

And in case you needed proof that Sugarplum is alive, well, and adorable, here she is with her lovely Mama:


Go, Georgia!

2 comments:

Nona Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nona Bee said...

Hello!! It is nice to see you again!! GO DAWGS!!!

p.s.: I remember when Pixie said "Nona" for the first time, in the living room on College Street!!! I am still smiling!! ;0) much love to you all!!