Thursday, September 23, 2010

Preparing for a Birthday

Tomorrow Wombles turns three. I can't believe it!

I am in the process of prepping his cake, which I'll actually "make" tomorrow. It will be fun. Two hours ago, I told J I was making a train cake. He looked at me like I was crazy. I said, "I watched a video online--it looks pretty easy."

That's when Pixie chimed in, "Mom, you can't trust those movies." And then she apparently said something about them being professionals, which I didn't hear because I was already looking for balloons in the garage.

Oh, the wisdom of a 7.5 year old! Or maybe she's seen me in action a few too many times.

It will be OK. I'm going to put the next cake in as soon as Cuatro allows me to stand comfortably again, and then wrap some presents. J has already done a stellar decorating job.

Want to know what Wombles wants for his birthday?

Yellow.

Yellow.
Yellow.

Sweet Dreams, Wombles! See you tomorrow when you're three!

And, according to him, tomorrow is when he'll "be THREE, and Bigger, and have children."

Being bigger means having children...and making their birthday cakes.

2 comments:

covcov said...

That is soooooo sweet! Boppy and G'ma's day is now "made." And it needed some making. Thank you! We send love and hugs all around

Chef, Interrupted said...

Hilarious. Did you or Wombles know that our E was obsessed with yellow for a year. Then, just last week, he decided "yellow is NOT my favorite color anymore." So there it is.
Happy birthday, Wombles!