Sunday, September 5, 2010

What's Better than Butter?

I'm looking for help on this one.


Does anyone else have this problem? What is the matter with me?

And this is just a shelf in the freezer (not counting what was in the fridge). Can anyone help me with an explanation?

Some possibilities:

(1) Due to Cuatro's influence, I eat butter on absolutely everything.
(2) Anytime butter goes for less than $2/pound, I buy out the store.
(3) Due to Cuatro's influence, I eat butter plain. Three times a day.


That's all. I look forward to a possible diagnosis (and remedy?). For now, though, I have to go and make some caramel. Using a stick of butter, of course.

2 comments:

Nona Bee said...

I'm sorry honey---I'm afraid it is genetic...I have seven pounds of butter in the freezer now....but only because I forgot that I already bought the 4-pound "cheap" package from the discount store..........knowing I was going to "need" it anyway......I did the same thing with the cream cheese. There are LOTS of good recipes involving cream cheese, butter and ______(fill in the blank). ;0)

covcov said...

Your kiddos are going to be in big trouble, as they have the genes from both sides. My fridge, too--always similarly stocked. When it's cheap, when there's a Costco run, whenever. The French (from which I claim some genetic material)say something like, "Beurre. Plus de beurre. Toujour de beurre." That's, "Butter. More butter. Always butter." Yup. Watch out Pixie, Bud, Wombles, and Quatro. Definite double genetic butter-love. We're all related.