Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Week One is Done!

Actually, we're two weeks in, but whatever.

Whoo-hoo! We have gotten off to a great start in our school.

My kindergartner gives me spontaneous hugs and kisses and tells me I'm "the best homeschool teacher in the world."

He also is very excited about beginning to read. Three letter words, watch out! Bud has you all figured out.


My second grader exhibits just the right combination of malaise and enthusiasm. We've discovered the 14-book Oz series, and she's a library addict. We've started a writing program this year, and she loves it.

All the enthusiasm of a fresh start!

Wombles is the first kid to grab his notebook and supplies and get to the table for "school," which mostly for him involves covering entire sheets of paper with his new markers. I occasionally give him an age-appropriate sorting activity, like with the math teddy bear counters. It keeps him occupied for a really long time.



And guess what else? WE EVEN HAD P.E. LAST WEEK! Here are photos to prove it:




So what if a neighbor stopped by and thought it looked like Calvinball. We're working on the basics, man. We'd been playing 15 minutes before I realized they didn't know you actually had to have the ball in order to tag someone. It was pretty hilarious.


This week in we're on Beowulf (Bud: Bear-wolf) and the ancient Celts. Tomorrow they get to paint their faces blue, but I'm thinking they're a little young for Braveheart...

Four weeks from now, when I am totally burned out and thinking that homeschooling this year is the dumbest thing I've done in a decade, could someone please send me a link to this post? Thank you.

1 comment:

covcov said...

Hooray! I'm so delighted for you and with you. What a mom! What a teacher!!