Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!



Our Halloween was fun. It was everything you might expect Halloween to be, and not much that you wouldn't. Bud flexed and roared as a muscle man; Pixie pranced as a princess; and Wombles kept putting candy into his "bank," which he then wanted to sleep with.

I enjoyed the new (to me) tradition of requiring a trick from college students before giving them any candy. Performances included a chorus of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," a front handspring, "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" sung in a round, and--J's personal favorite--a recounting of the Court's argument in Roper v. Simmons, including the two arguments the Court "hung its hat on" plus the Court's use of comparative constitutional law in its decision.

I'm going to have to go and "Google" Roper v. Simmons...I was paying attention to Oregon blowing USC out of the water at the time.

Anyway, I'm just here to post a photo or two of the kids in their costumes. Mom, I can tell you've been checking! :)


The crown made it three houses before the princess deemed it unworthy (it hurt). But Mom, everyone LOVED the cape! :)


When a neighbor asked him if he'd been working out, Bud explained that the muscles were just foam. You know, part of a COSTUME.


Get back here, Puppy Dog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly-I used 'other' names...do you need to 'fix' it???

Anonymous said...

So very cute!! We went to neighbors to watch the 'Bulldog-Gator" rout and have dinner, so if we had any trick-or-treaters, we didn't know it!!!...none after 9P, anyway....was Pixie wearing a WIG????because her hair looks so natural, could it have gotten THAT long so fast??? ;0) Pixie, Bud and Wombles look so cute....I am glad you posted photos so soon!! love you!!