Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cabin Fever

We have been sick. Not terribly, painfully sick, but bad-cold-sore-muscle-headache-fever sick.

Let's be clear: I'd much rather blow noses than hold heads over bowls. We're OK.

But the serious-malaise sickness has gone on for four days now; no Bible Study Thursday morning (can't put sick kids in the nursery); J home from work Friday, and Pixie no Friday Night Noah's Club; Allll day Saturday; and no church today (fevers in so many directions). I think we're getting a little stir crazy. No, a lot.

At least there was football yesterday.

Wombles seems to know when it's Saturday; he wakes up and says "GeorgiaNotredamefootball!!!" And grabs his stuffed football and runs around the house playing against an imaginary defensive line. Yesterday he kept arguing (with a giggle) that MY Georgia shirt said "Notre Dame," and his Notre Dame shirt said, "Georgia." As a side note, he is really taking off verbally. At his 2-year checkup, in fact, his pediatrician was very pleased: "I would have expected the third child with two...chatty...older siblings would generally count on them to do the talking, and not talk so much himself. But he's really holding his own!" Bingo.

Wombles is terrific at holding his own, whether that's a Popsicle,



one of those special bathroom cleaning tools he grabbed while in the tub (eeew)



or a football.

He usually wears pants, I swear.

No comments: