Thursday, March 1, 2012

Up He Grows

It's impressive. It's weird (one of Bud's favorite words, by the way). It is unsettling to see.



It is Bud with a tooth that is almost out. Just barely attached. Totally twistable.

(pardon the peanut butter).



Happy to say, we're done with the dental acrobatics for now!





Tonight, Bud and I were having a little post-disobedience (on his part, this time) chat. He was so mad at me. He is now over six-and-a-half and he's able to say things like, "Mom, I am so mad at you."

I find I prefer this to the kicking and screaming toddler. But maybe that's just me.


And I can talk with him and he can (quite often) see reason. And truth.

And say things like:

"Mom, my mind says that you are WRONG and I'm so mad. But my heart doesn't agree....and they are in a BIG argument."

And later: "Which one should I listen to?"

And still later: "Yeah, 'cause God is ALWAYS on the side that is right!"


So there you have them--two ways that our Bud is growing up!

2 comments:

The Guff said...

Oh my gosh. Too big, too soon!!!!!
I love that boy!

Nona Bee said...

How did I just NOW see all these? So cute!!,so ""Charlie""!!!! Thanks for sharing the dental gymnastics!
Mmmmmuahhhh! I love you!