Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pixie Turns Nine

On Monday, we celebrated Pixie's ninth birthday. Nine!

We have had more that three thousand nights to kiss her goodnight, more than three thousand mornings to sing her awake.

I haven't sung for all of them. I wish I had. Because I want her to know how precious she is: to me, to our family, to God Himself.

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.


(Zephaniah 3:17)


She is such a gift. Surprises waiting to be unwrapped, discovered and delighted in every day.



We'll celebrate again tomorrow, with other little girls and scavenger hunts and crafts and chocolate-cake-with-homemade-lemon-curd for frosting.



(Pixie has very specific tastes).



Loving on my beautiful birthday girl,
H

1 comment:

Nona Bee said...

Holly!!!
Thanks for posting!!! I DO Believe Pixie has some of your facial expressions!!,
Happy (late) birthday to my sweet Pixie!!! XOXOXO