Thursday, March 1, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Ache

I'm trying something new--Five minutes of writing on Friday from my new favorite blog, The Gypsy Mama. Yikes!


It’s time for Five Minute Friday! No editing, no backtracking, just letting the fingers fly while contemplating the word: ACHE.

Ready? GO:

Happy, sad, and happy again--

The lightning speed with which I zoom from one to the other may be part of the aching, but I don't think so. I see the smiles and triumphs of these four dear little ones, and smile the greater; think of my family so far away, who are missing them, and missing all of these moments, and

suddenly the moments stretch into minutes and hours and years and break me with the blur of their gone-ness, and my mother never saw them.

We are called to be here, and I am happy. But oh, I ache.

And then the hourglass flips and I can imagine all of the minutes hours smiles dances and victories of my nieces and nephews, the sweet 11-day-old toes that I will not see and the voices and accents that will not be the same as my children's and I am so full of missing them that I might explode.

Instead I leak all over my nose, and am a mess. And I look for hope that is there, and joy that I have them at all, and promises of time to come. But, oh.

STOP.



----------------------------------------------
Why don't you head on over to The Gypsy Mama and give it a whirl? Or do some reading instead, and be encouraged. But I would love to see some of y'all who blog doing some writing over there...I've been reading it for weeks and finally decided to give it a shot.

My friend Diana recommended it to me on a day when Lisa-Jo had written about grated cheese on the floor. That was my "You had me at hello" moment. Happy almost-weekend!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, you speak of ache so, so well. I have felt this. The ups and downs...just beautiful.

Loni said...

Yes, ache is such a roller coaster, but God does not let go. Thank you for sharing!

Paula Ebert said...

Happy, sad, happy again... Yep, that's me too. :) Thanks for sharing! Great description of it feels to ache.

The Guff said...

Oh I miss you!!! I know the ache but am thankful for technology at the same time!

I'll try and get some video footage of Cham's accent for you this week... when I ask what she'd like for breakfast and she replies, "Ot-mayel"

Took me a few rounds... oatmeal! that's what she's saying. oatmeal.

i love you!

Holly said...

You do speak of ache well. You never know, your loved one that is passed just might be seeing your kids from afar.
I know life can be mixed with good and bad, but when we get to heaven, no more good-byes. ��

covcov said...

Oh, m'dear, you spoke my heart--and I didn't know you knew. Each little toe. The agony of distance and time with all that fills it, gone. Ache! I look more for heaven, as I know no other remedy. I and we love you.

Nona Bee said...

I'm 'leaking' all over now too!! I ache as you ache, smile as you smile,and am thankful ...ever so thankful...for love that travels all over the country!! Please give my Covington grands kisses from Nona!! XOXOXO