Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What are Little Boys Made Out Of?

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog's Tails.


And snails.

Lots of snails. We did a bunch of yard work Saturday. After the excessive rain we've had recently, there were snails everywhere. I would just throw them onto the lawn; Wombles would slide down the slide, pick them up, and put them in his pocket.

Later, when he came in, J sent him back outside to empty his pocket. Hence the carnage above.



Oh, and the pet worm had to be left outside, too.


Which is better than what had happened on Friday, when Wombles brought his worm and snail into the house and turned them loose. Fortunately, they aren't very fast. Also, (here's a handy tip) you can always follow the shiny snail-trail across the carpet and--voilĂ !--there's the snail at the end!

Don't say this blog isn't educational.

2 comments:

Nona Bee said...

You are so funny--I just smile thinking of Wombles and the 'pocket-treasure'!! I love you!!! (..and of course, this post is educational!!)

covcov said...

When we were little my sister and I used to make "snail cookies," peeling, chopping and mixing with mud--then "borrowing" the kitchen's cookie sheets and dropping on spoons of "dough." If memory serves right, once we actually baked them. Wombles comes by it honestly.
G'ma