Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sisters


I am so, so blessed to have a sister.

She's awesome. This post isn't about her...but I love you, NBG!

While we were waiting to find out whether Cuatro was a girl or a boy, we knew we would be excited and thrilled either way.



I would be thrilled with a son OR a daughter. But I also wished Pixie would be able to have a sister. See "I am so, so blessed to have a sister", above. Our relationship is so precious to me, and I really wanted Pixie to get to have the same sort of delight.

You know, the "I'll dress you up like a baby doll" delight, and the "I'll make you clean my room before you can play with my stuffed animals" delight, and the "Let's lounge by a pool in Vegas" delight. You know.


If you have one, you probably know what I mean. Or maybe you have a friend who is like a sister. Whether by blood or bond, everyone needs one.


This is Lucia.

She was my back-up to be Pixie's sister, should a biological one not come. But Lucia already has a sister of her own.

I am so thrilled that Pixie and Nutmeg get to have each other. Cheers and Thanks and Praise for a lifetime of sweetness, scheming and squabbles. And sweetness. And schemes. And dreams.



And, eventually, smooching each other's babies! Whoo-hoo!!

No comments: