Monday, March 21, 2011

Day to Celebrate!

OK, We had another real birthday to celebrate yesterday. I got a precious phone call last night announcing the birth of my new little niece. We are thrilled and over-the-moon.

Bud brought back his "screech of excitement," which he invented for Wombles' trip home from the hospital birth experience. As he was already in bed, he just kept it up to his heart's content--Wombles was asleep and he wasn't shattering anyone's eardrums.

Finally I grabbed the video camera. I caught the last shriek, and then recorded him flailing his arms and legs against his bed. He stopped long enough to explain, "Mom, I'm having a temper tantrum of JOY!!"

Pixie has already written "S's arrival" on the 20th of March on our calendar. She ran for the Sharpie right away.

She's pretty glad they don't share a birthday. Which is weird--I thought birthday twins would be fun. She's super excited, though.

Wombles is looking at pictures of S. (don't have a nickname yet!) and is figuring it out..."Is Baby B and S. the SAME?!?"

As for me, after crying over the phone call and constantly checking the computer for any new photos, I was just rewarded with a video of little S. So precious. Sticking her tongue in and out and waving her precious baby arm. My brother whispering and smiling. I can't stop watching it.

I can't share it, 'cause it's not mine, so I'll share a different video. It may look like Nutmeg is excited by her play gym, but I'm sure it's really all about Baby S.

We can't wait to meet her!

No comments: