Thursday, May 27, 2010

Google Search

I think my recent posts may have revealed that I've spent perhaps a bit too much time reading up on Black Widows. Rattlesnake antivenin, anyone? I did not grow up with them--or was blissfully ignorant--and so when we moved out here I was incredibly paranoid.

And it's amazing to live in a world where we can get almost-instant gratification for information, isn't it? Granted, not any kind of information...not some of the important things: Does he love her? I wonder how I could help X. Why is Pixie sad today? How can I help Bud understand why Jesus let the S.'s house burn? Why do I KEEP doing that?

Still, there's a lot of info out there. And sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

For example, when you see this:



You know several things already, such as:

(1) Someone has been scribbling on the carpet.
(2) A lot.
(3) And not with washable crayon.
(4) That's neon crayon, with lots of dye.

Today, as I sit at my computer, I am thinking nostalgically of "Google" searches I've done...in the last week or so.

How to get crayon out of carpet
How to get crayon off the wall
The Getty Museum

Where do Black Widow Spiders like to live?

How to get crayon out of carpet (yes, again; why bother to remember it when I can just Google it again?!?)
How to get ink out of upholstery


Welcome to my weird, furniture-ruining little world. What have you Googled lately?

1 comment:

The Guff said...

Giiiiirl you don't even want to KNOW the things I have been googling! LOL (for real!) As soon as I saw the crayon and before I read below, I thought "Oh no, not carpet!" :( Sorry about that. I hope it's a pretty shade;)
XOXO