Friday, June 4, 2010

Because She's Awesome, That's Why

J has the three amigos at the pool, and I am here with a braunschweiger sandwich and some Diet Hansen's Ginger Ale.

There is no date tonight. NO DATE! AAGGGHHHH!! It's 5:03, I'm supposed to be heading out the door!

Wait...We're going out tomorrow instead, to see Prairie Home Companion live at the Bowl. Yessss.

Now that you're all caught up, I'd like to share what came in the mail today.

A box. A large box. A box addressed toBud. He was astounded, thrilled, amazed. Then we told him that it might be a birthday present, and he might have to wait (maybe someone got the wrong month?). But no, it was really an unlooked-for gift just for Bud. Do you know what that can do for a four-year-old? Do you? Think about what it can do for a grown-up. And then multiply it by 1000. He doesn't even get junk mail.

My adorable sister Cupcake told me she had a recipe for worms for Bud. Well, it came today...along with all of the ingredients.


Can we all pause for a moment and say how incredibly cool that is?

This is the note she sent, with the recipe (Bud's name blocked out):

Ingredients:
Dirt (cake)
Mud (frosting)
Soil (Oreos)
Worms (worms)

I think this was my favorite part, considering Cupcake's phobia of lizards:



Thanks, Cupcake, for absolutely making Bud's Day.


And we haven't even made the recipe, yet!

1 comment:

The Guff said...

i love that bud. :)