OK, so I think I got it the first time we went and couldn't ever bear to order anything else. It's not like we went that often. Grad school, people! But Shane's was between us and the library, and for the first year we were there they had mint ice cream for shakes. Not peppermint...Mint. Or, was it peppermint after all? Maybe the mint is intruding on my consciousness from a farther-back day in Mahon. Either way, they were goo-ood.

Anyway, we went to Shane's on a realtor's recommendation when we were looking for housing before our move to Wheaton. We ended up living four blocks away. Although those were financially tight years, I think of our time in Wheaton with a passionate fondness. This sandwich is one of the flavors of that time.
Somehow, all of our days at Shane's happened to be sunny, not-too-hot wonderdays of refreshment and rest. I love that in a memory.
Plus, I've been craving prosciutto this week.
Thank you, J, for making my dreams come true! And not just the Caprese, either. ;)
1 comment:
And thank you J, for causing the drool that's running down my chin... That sammich looks goooood!
Post a Comment