Ah, Valentine's Day...in the Urgent Care Clinic. How romantic!
Turns out our little strep virus liked it so much around here that it decided to stay. Or come back. Whichever. I ran into Urgent Care on Sunday, and they gave me a HUGE SHOT of antibiotics on the spot. I have renewed sympathy for my children when it comes to those shots...I've been coaching them as if it's the same as having blood drawn. It's not.
So, I have strep. Pixie's doctor calls and wants her to come back in for follow up, which we did on Wednesday. Guess what? SHE has strep, too! No symptoms but strep breath :). Just for fun our fabulous doctor swabbed both of the boys while we were there. This afternoon, my friend M. picked up their antibiotics. Whoever heard of no-symptom strep? This morning, when we heard the boys were infected, Dr. R. asked for J. to come in and get swabbed, too. As he had an hour-long meeting in addition to teaching for six hours, that couldn't be worked out...although the doc suspects HE is the carrier. He's going in tomorrow. Then, my guess is that we'll all get to be on antibiotics together!
I love our pediatrician, love that she acts like a family practice doc, love that over the phone she walked J. through relocating Wombles' elbow after he dislocated it. Now, that was cool to watch.
Anyway, Madre, more pictures soon. We've rearranged our furniture!
And, Santiago came over to play again today, and he and Wombles had an excellent time together. Inside, of course.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
CUTE new background!!! LOVES.
I am so so sorry you all had strep:( Boo Hiss.
I love you! Can't wait for this month to fly by so April will be here...along with our trip!
XOXO
Post a Comment