Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lazy Winter Days

In honor of the snowpocalypse, or snowmaggedon, or whatever-you-call-it that's happening three time zones from here, I thought I'd share what we've been doing. Granted, these were taken on Thursday, and Snowdzilla didn't attack until Friday, from what I can gather from facebook photos. And nevermind that we've had rain while everyone else has been snowed in, or that I've worn socks for almost a straight week. (What is the weather coming to??). If you are snowed in, just consider these little snapshots a reminder of what green looks like--and a reminder that there WILL be spring again! (Oh, how I needed that back in the day...).

During recess on Thursday, I told the children that they had to go outside. HAD to. Tuvieron que. So Pixie scooped up her book and headed to the patio.



Bud found a ?Windmill? What are they called again? Pinwheel? And let'er rip:




Wombles favored the swings for his recreation:


(I love that he has figured out a way to swing by himself! Yessss!)

Here, he is letting me know what was wrong with the RED swing (?).


"See how happy I am swinging in the blue swing? Keep nassssty red swingses."



Naturally, it was only a matter of time until these two seemingly idyllic worlds collided.




Who knew? Wombles thought it was HILARIOUS to swing into a pinwheel so that it smacked him in the face! Now, why didn't I think of that?


Clearly, I do not have sufficient testosterone levels to understand how awesome it can be to get whacked with a pinwheel. Or to whack with a pinwheel. Either one, really.



Awww, Mom. Quit with the analysis, already.


So I'll close for now, and wish warmth to you all. I'm blogging as I put off, delay, procrastinate working on Matthew 19. I'm teaching at our women's bible study on Tuesday, and am finding it incredibly easy to put off serious thinking on the subject. That last shot of Wombles pretty much says it for me, too.

2 comments:

The Guff said...

I like your nicknames for the freeze out that's going on on this side of the country, and can't believe that you even own a pair of socks anymore:) Kidding. I miss you! Thanks for sharing pictures:)

covcov said...

Thoroughly delightful photo essay--loved it! Bless you for bringing us into that fabulous backyard. And seeing it while we can't see out a window for caked snow in blizzard winds helps. Sigh....
Ma S & Pa D