Today I'm just jotting a quick note about our morning. A friend of one of our dear neighbors (whose return we are eagerly awaiting!) had a swing set looking for a new home, and it turns out that home is in our backyard. We've waited a couple of weekends until we could be here and enlist help from some of J.'s strong-backed students. Today was the day!

They are not nearly as close to the temporary power lines as they look. The yellow poles and above-ground wiring is rigged so that the construction sites have power. When ours was being redone, the crews used an extension cord duct-taped across the driveway from another neighbor's house. :) I think this works better!

We may be putting a matching wood roof on the top of the platform...There is a picnic table under the slide, and will be a sandbox behind the climbing wall (after we get sand...and a cover. Yech.)

This shot of Bud reminds us of J.'s uncle, who is an outdoor enthusiast and adventurer who has done quite a few climbs. People who remember Uncle from this age do say Bud reminds them of him.
In other news, Pixie and Bud had their Spring music recital last night. It was even more hilarious than I expected. Considering that Bud had spent better than 10 hours strapped in a car or airplane seat the previous day, I should have been prepared for the explosion of energy. And he got over any sort of stage fright at D & M's wedding...he sat dead center and had quite a stage presence, including being the peanut gallery and contributing to the director's explanations when he felt that was warranted. Oh well, I guess everyone needs a chance to be the parent of "That Kid." Lucky me, I have lots of opportunities! :) Pixie did a great job, too, also sitting dead center (they both chose their seats) and having a drum solo. I guess no child of mine will ever shun the spotlight.
We are so incredibly grateful for the gift of this set! Besides being fun for the kids (who are over the moon), it will be a huge gift for ME this summer, too...
Wedding pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment