Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fire update tonight


Once again, the fire has picked up with the evening winds, which are blowing so hard tonight that it's hard to stay outside due to the dust it's kicking up--like a sandstorm at times. The evacuation warnings have shifted and we are still not in that group--now we're also a few hundred yards NORTH of an evacuation warning line, as well as west. I keep using that term--does anyone know what it means?--it means you are to have your bags packed and your car loaded, ready to pull out if and when the reverse-911 call comes. We're actually supposed to have a bag with important papers, etc., packed all of the time. There is a little sign in front of every fire station here to tell us the days to pull it out and put it next to the front door. So a warning isn't a huge jump from what firefighters would have us do normally--although of course it is. Our van is loaded, mostly; I'm not pulling things off of the walls, since I really don't think we'll be called out. But this time I have a list of what I want pulled off the walls, just in case. :)


I've never tried to upload video before, but here it goes:




Thanks for checking in!

No comments: