
We have a song we sing around here:
"Her name is Meg-gie
And She's Deli-cious
Her name is Meg-gie
She's surrep-ti-ious!"

Well, maybe not exactly surreptitious, but it's really fun to say; and not many things rhyme with "delicious."
Nutritious, I guess.
Vicious? Ambitious?
They don't really work.
But increasingly, surreptitious might just fit. This little girl is scooting around quick as lightning (although still on her belly. Just picture a snake whipping through). She can get play clay or pencil shavings in her mouth awfully quickly, so we have to be pretty careful about what gets on the floor. So, yes, there are times when she's surreptitious.
She didn't quite get that fourth tooth cut through by her ten-month pictures...but it made it a few days later (finally). You can almost see it here:

What else is new? The girl loves some pasta. LOVES. IT.
She likes to flip over onto her tummy in the middle of diaper changes. Very quickly. She is so strong--I can barely flip her back over. She reminds us more of Bud every day.
Like yesterday when my plastic canister of PG Tips fell out of the cabinet and landed on her somewhere. I don't even know where it hit her (but it didn't hit the ground first). She just picked it up and started chewing on it.
She loves playing with the alphabet train. So what if she falls off?
She waves nite-nite and even says it:
Oh, Nutmeg. I can't believe we're approaching your first birthday!
It's such a gift to see her personality developing, unfolding, shining. I don't think I could bear the sadness of losing this:

if it didn't mean gaining this:

...along with everything that will come after! As it is, we're thrilled to be getting to know her. Happy tenth mesaversary, Nutmeg!
2 comments:
Moist eyes, once again. O grace upon grace upon grace upon grace! (Yes, that is four of them!) Thanks for bringing us in, dear H!
SMa/GMa
Yes, Holly-thanks for bringing us in! I so much enjoy hearing "nite-nite" from Meggie, quite frequently!! So sweet! I love you!
Post a Comment