Monday, October 3, 2011

Pixie's Ideas

It's early. It's Monday. J has left for work, and the kids'll be running in any moment now (they are not allowed to come crash the party until 6:30am).

I was looking through pictures, and found this one:



Pixie likes to make the world more beautiful. She often has good ideas. I'd like to be the kind of mom that helps her to track those down and make them happen: the kind for whom saying, "Sure! Cut the rose off the bush. It's perfect for your horse!" comes naturally and easily. I'm not yet there.

Here's another one:


It just reminded me of how interesting Pixie can be. While this snail race hasn't happened yet, she got this idea into her head and made the race"track." We do have plenty of snails lurking in the rock border of our garden.

I'm kinda hoping that she remembers this, and we get to take a break from school today to go watch the snails careen crazily across the paper. Staying in their proper lanes, of course.

And I'm kinda hoping I can be the kind of mom who can take a break for this sort of thing to happen. Today, anyway. You know, baby steps.

She's really fun, this one. And look out. She's full of ideas.


What are you doing today?

Off to my teacup,
H

3 comments:

Nona Bee said...

Thanks for the peek into your day!! What am I doing? I'm doing laundry, watering blueberries ,and (Lord-willing) finishing Halloween costumes!!! Love you!

Nona Bee said...

Let me know how the snail race goes! Wish I could be there!,

covcov said...

I love both the window, and the sentiment. I remember having to decide, as you are doing, to be oh-so-much more fun and flexible than was native. And it turned out delightful. Go for it! And post pictures of the snail race.

Hugs--
G'ma