Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nine Months of Nutmeg

Oh, Nutmeg. What did we ever do without you? And what a splendid ninth month you had!



This month you became a maniac for cheerios.
You outgrew everything but your 12-month clothes.
You pretended --for a few days--that getting up at four a.m. was the new black.

You enjoyed playing peek-a-boo.
Your two bottom teeth really came in.
You fought to hold your own spoon at mealtimes. I finally gave you your own to hold while I fed you.

You learned to sit up all by yourself. Without falling over.

Congratulations! It's a whole new world!



This is not the most flattering photo, but it may end up being the last to show her gummy upper gums:


The past few days have been a little rough as far as teething goes, and I expect her two little top "teefies" (it's a technical term) to break through any day now. I don't know whether I'm hoping they will or not...I will miss the gums...but not the grumps.

And this? We love this look. It usually means she's heading for a sloppy, drooly nip at whoever's nose she's aimed at.

*Baby kiss incoming! Repeat! Baby kiss incoming!!*


I would like to say that almost all of the photos I took on her ninth mesaversary were smily ones. I think this had something to do with it:


We love our Nutmeg!


I would also like to point out that she is currently only 9.5 months old. :)

2 comments:

covcov said...

Okay, so you're REALLY timely--only 9.5! And she is the darling of the century. And if I had that guy bouncing me around and grinning, I'd be smiley too. Hmmmmm. This plan might just work. Hopefully minus the diapers. Thanks again for bringing us into your world, which is one of our favorite worlds to inhabit! Hugs--G'Ma

Anonymous said...

This is so amazingly wonderful! Thank you! Yeay!
Joy