Now I feel like the blog functions only for me to throw pictures up for family and friends who are far away.
Someday, I like to think that I will get back into a reflecting habit. For now, the whirlwind of four--FOUR!--is energizing and exhausting. Some weeks I want five. This week is not one of them. ;) But I did smile today when I heard about this book:

Nice.
We've closed out a semester and are beginning another--Mayterm. It's intense. It's especially intense as J hasn't closed out the previous one yet--he's grading, grading, grading. I am praying. The grades are due tomorrow. Two of his finals weren't scheduled until Thursday, and Friday-Saturday were largely taken up with graduation activities. Eeek!
Also, I have just four weeks left of my job teaching after-school Spanish. That winds down the same week as our school year, and is the same week Mayterm ends. FOUR WEEKS, BABY!
I love everything I'm doing. I'm just looking forward to a little breathing space. I've always been better at crunchtime/breaktime cycles than maintaining a steady pace. I wonder why that is.
I will still be wondering a year from now. It's just not going to make my Top Ten of "Things to Ponder" this summer...I can tell.
So, Nutmeg (and the rest) are down for the night, and my post-Marie-Callender's Chicken-Pot-Pie-eyes are getting heavy. The pile of laundry on the futon is giving me the evil eye...no, it's the other way around. I guess I have a little energy left.
PS I had a fabulous Mother's Day.
PPS Here's the kid shot for this post:

Yes, that's Wombles with a helmet. He decided to play "army." The choice of a Nerf gun that projects little green balls is understandable. The pink bicycle helmet belonging to Pixie, slightly less so.
The dirt and weeds stuck in the top? Classic Wombles. It's what makes the ensemble.
1 comment:
California Camouflage...gotta love it!!
love to you all!! ;0)
nona
Post a Comment