Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cleaning and Scrubbing

Recently, on a Saturday evening, I nursed Nutmeg.

And then I snuggled her.

And then I fell asleep.

And then J took a picture.


When I was little, my mom did a cross stitch pattern that had the following on it. It hung in our house (four children!) while I was growing up.

It read:

Cleaning and Scrubbing can Wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up, as we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs
Dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

A short time before Nutmeg was born, Mom passed the sampler on to me. It's in my room.

Thanks, Mom!!

3 comments:

Nona Bee said...

You're welcomed!!!
...and 'tis true...dust and cobwebs still waiting on me!! (...not the same ones, though!!)
XOXO

Jackie said...

We have a similar picture of me with Hannah...and I'm guessing that if the camera is around, we could get another one with #3.

Anonymous said...

Love this! So important to remember, too, so snuggle up.