Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"L" Says Rooaaarrr!



The other day I went in to hang with Wombles. He is extremely good at entertaining himself, which is a blessing; if I'm not careful, though, it means he can spend all day without a lot of interaction because he's just doing his own thing.

I really am grateful that he's good at making up his own games, and that he has an extended attention span. It's fabulous.

Anyway, I found him at play with the alphabet puzzle. He pointed to a letter and asked me what it was. Great! We can hang out, and work on his letters, and we can both feel really gratified! I'll be a GOOD mom!


That's a "V", Wombles. "V" says "v-v-v for violin."

I thought we were doing great. He was having fun. I was convinced he was going to be reading in about two weeks.

Then I started throwing it back to him: "Do you know what 'L' says?"

"Yeah!! 'L' says ROOOAAAAAARRR because it starts with LION!!"

Huh?

Turns out when he was asking what the Queen said, he wasn't just cute and mixing up the order. He didn't want to know what "Q" says. He wanted to know what the Queen actually said.

Ditto the monkey. "Mmm" wasn't cutting it. I was supposed to make the monkey noise.

So, I won't get him his library card yet...but we had a lot of fun!

No comments: