Thursday, October 28, 2010

Life Is Good



In keeping with last night's bedtime theme, I have to say that going in to check on the kids before J and I go to bed is one of my favorite times of day. For all of the the fun, misadventure and loveliness during the day, there's something about sleeping babies (no matter how old they are) that is so powerful and attractive. J and I usually check on them together, and we often stand there and whisper about how sweet they are. I rumple the hair on their little heads and tell them that I love them. J pulls the blankets up on cool evenings.

They look so innocent, and sweet, and entirely incapable of shooting Nerf dart guns at each other at point-blank range and then (both) screaming with laughter.

I love quiet time and dandelions in vases, but for recharging my "affection batteries" nothing beats a little bedtime check-in!


Thanks for the reminder, Wombles.

1 comment:

covcov said...

No matter what else is happening, the cry of "H has posted!" will bring either of us from bed or or work or shower or breakfast. Tonight it brought D from bed, as we loved on wee Wombles, and on his mommy for being delighted, his daddy for being with her, both of you for loving so well, for sharing with us. Life is indeed good. Bless you--
G'ma & Boppy