Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Kind of Recess

Usually at recess I require the kids to go outside. Require. I think I may have mentioned this before. In the mornings, this is generally not a problem. In fact, they're all as ready to tear around the yard as I am to check e-mail and throw a load of laundry into the washing machine.

So it all works perfectly, although it's anybody's guess when that load may make it into the dryer.

Anyway, it must have been lunch recess (as opposed to morning recess) when I sent the kids outside. Pixie grumbled. I said, "You don't have to run around, you can sit and read, but you have to go outside." It was one of those days. I waxed eloquent on the benefits of fresh air, although those benefits were ones I was willing to trade for a little solitude inside (and the chance to make lunch in peace).

A little later, this is what I found:



It just made me happy. It's the kind of recess I take, when I can get it!

2 comments:

covcov said...

I LOVE IT!!! Makes me happy. Makes me want to join her!
G'ma

The Guff said...

i want a recess! she looks so content. <3