So when Pixie insisted that NN's birthday go on the calendar (Oct. 3), I agreed. And when she said he needed a cake, I said OK.
I drew the line at buying presents, however. There's restraint for you.
The day before NN's birthday came together in such an alignment of circumstances that I got to feel like an on-top-of-it Mom without doing any of the hard work. It was AWESOME.
Pixie and her friend LuLu came over wanting to make a cake for NN. Coming a mere 9 days after Wombles' birthday, I had about 5 different colors of frosting in the refrigerator...and bunch of cupcakes in the freezer from the leftover cake batter from Wombles' cake. YES! YES! YES, you can decorate for Nite-Nite! Let me pull these things out for you!!

And on the next day, when we sang and took pictures, I could tell that Nite-Nite felt adequately beloved and celebrated.



(The writing on his cupcake reads, "Happy Birthday" in Frog.)
2 comments:
I love this!!! SO. Much. I also love nite nite, for being such a wonderful companion to my sweet little niece for three years. <3 love love love!
Oh what delight! Would that he were only 3! That would mean everything moving so much more slowly. Loved the writing in "frog" and the Camp Cov tee shirt. Wee love you! Your smiling parents/g'parents.
Post a Comment