Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm a Control Freak...

...But I'm in recovery. How do I know?

Because Wombles received a wonderful set of Play-Doh from Boppy and Grandma for his birthday. He LOVES to play with Play-Doh. And I know I'm recovering, because I was (after some thought and consideration) able to let him play with all of it at once, and not just dole out one color at a time. Which is what I really really really REALLY wanted to do.

Why, you may ask?

Because this:



Makes me absolutely crazy. For so many reasons. I become irritable, distracted, and I can feel my blood pressure rising. I had to walk away while this was happening. I couldn't look at that end of the table. It's...totally unnatural.



THEY WERE BRAND NEW! HOW CAN HE POSSIBLY ENJOY THEM EVER AGAIN?!? AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!

However, I survived. And when playtime was over, and I brought him the canisters two at a time, he gamely picked the stacked pancakes apart and put each color back into its own container.

I said almost recovered.

But I'm breathing again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you go again--putting someone else's needs above your own.....I love you!!

covcov said...

Boppy and G'ma support you wholly in this! And if you need a support group, I think we know where you can find one....