
The conversations about what each of the pieces represented were enlightening, as well.
The only other news I have to report is that Wombles is now tall enough to lock me into the garage. I forgot that door even HAD a lock on the handle, since we usually just throw the deadbolt. I am thankful for Pixie!
Last night I kept the children out too late at the annual get-together for those spouses (and small children) who are left behind by the faculty retreat. It is always easier to tackle the youngsters when there is backup. Last night's fiesta ended with my carrying home a kicking and screaming four-year-old...one of those times I almost wished I could just strap him in a car seat to get him home, instead of walking about three houses down and around a corner. Have YOU ever tried to calmly greet a neighbor you barely know, out walking her dog, while you are doing the equivalent of holding a (very verbal) wolverine? Mmm.
And yet there is something beautiful about living in community, isn't there? Not least of which is knowing I don't have the ONLY wolverine in town.
No comments:
Post a Comment